It seems as though we are ever-connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, checking the latest sports scores or scrolling Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like realizing when it’s time for air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These permit you to control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically change the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or gone.
Smart thermostats have been discussed quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will likely become even more common. And why not? They do give you a number of perks and allow you to have the best control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they know your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the best savings you can. Smart thermostats make sure that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you love to know when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can count on your system to notify you when there is a concern or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are designed for easy integration across a variety of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can pick the best one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to develop like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a number of benefits that can help improve your comfort, potentially lower your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to arrange for air conditioner service. Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning in Wyandotte has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 734-363-8907.