As spring rolls around, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Wyandotte? Particularly if your cooling equipment is newer or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning pro can help spot small issues before they turn into large malfunctions. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy use—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and might even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps determine little problems before they turn into big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely examine components and complete a set of AC performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to find issues before they turn into large problems that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free operation throughout the season. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is ready to give worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this maintenance, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and pieces:
- Total equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Immediately with Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning
Now is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning pros a ring at 734-284-1224 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, be sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.