As spring starts, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Wyandotte? Particularly if your cooling unit is up-to-date or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can wear out.
Having your equipment checked annually by a Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning pro can help spot minor issues before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your system to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is located outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy needs—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps find little issues before they turn into big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully examine parts and complete a set of cooling performance tests. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to find issues before they turn into big troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this service, your system is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC tune-up should have an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and components:
- Full equipment state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll finish:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Immediately with Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning
Today is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning pros a ring at 734-284-1224 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your residence, make sure to check our exclusive offers for savings on your next service.