As spring rolls around, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Wyandotte? Particularly if your cooling equipment is recently purchased or was running good last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your system checked seasonally by a Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning technician can help spot little issues before they turn into large meltdowns. (And cause your system to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service intricate internal parts.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate within your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can cause higher energy needs—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, because you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps locate little problems before they become big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly examine pieces and complete a set of cooling performance verifications. These detailed procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they turn into large issues that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free comfort throughout the season. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this maintenance, your unit is open to advanced breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent locations and parts:
- Overall equipment order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Right Away with Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning
This week is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning pros a shout at 734-284-1224 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, be sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your next maintenance.