As springtime starts, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Wyandotte? Particularly if your cooling unit is newer or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never expect to book any service for it, such as getting new oil or buying new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s a machine that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can wear out.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning tech can help find small issues before they become major meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more inclined to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly lower your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your unit can push it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can cause increased energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and might even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity bill and over the long run, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps determine little problems before they lead to major, expensive troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully examine components and complete a set of air conditioning performance verifications. These all-inclusive measures often allow us to locate troubles before they create extensive troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free comfort throughout the season. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is set to give worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect yearly maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your equipment is vulnerable to advanced meltdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC service should include a check and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the subsequent spots and components:
- Complete system state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll complete:
- Install new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Right Away with Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning
Today is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning pros a shout at 734-284-1224 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your house, be sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.