During the cold Wyandotte months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it happens, a simple call to Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning right away if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be inspected by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It may be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, contact us and our team can help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning at 734-363-8907 or book an appointment with us online.