Having regular air conditioning service completed at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Wyandotte summer, have the professionals at Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning conduct your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of unlawfully discharging it to the environment.
- Inspect for correct airflow through the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We advise taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning today at 734-363-8907.