Before you begin filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner looked at by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not give you a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Wyandotte are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service helps you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main purpose, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to work harder and can also reduce the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are many of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning in Wyandotte offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 734-284-1224 and stay comfortable this summer.