There’s no getting around the change of seasons in Wyandotte, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the top of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to schedule annual furnace service as well, but maybe not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in a number shapes and forms, including:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners strictly associate furnace service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly heating bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees can help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to work as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, switching furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not hard to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to take advantage of caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning pro drops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy costs.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few easy ways to help maximize your comfort when the temperatures dip in Wyandotte. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the pros at Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 734-284-1224 to start saving a little more today.