With warmer temps close by, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at top efficiency, it can save a significant amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could significantly raise your expenses and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning specialist do air conditioning service
at least annually is key to keeping your system working well for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is operating properly and can identify potential issues in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your expert air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and periodically throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during colder months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could hurt your system and end with the need for major repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they might interfere with airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any part of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has unique needs when it comes to air filter replacement, varying on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also make sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a cozy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer brings your way. Give the experts at Gee & Missler Heating & Air Conditioning a call at [[phonenumber]].